Humatics is pioneering the field of microlocation through the invention of new ultra-precise position sensors, advanced systems and flexible software. By measuring position with very high precision, our microlocation technology is revolutionizing how humans and robots interact with each other and the world.
Humatics is seeking an exceptional software engineer to join this revolution. You will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, computer, and robotics engineers with decades of experience in navigation and autonomous robot operation to realize and apply new types of data to a wide variety of applications. We’re eager to meet passionate people willing to join this team and help create the microlocation revolution.
You will help us invent new microlocation technologies and apply them to a wide variety of applications. In the short term, you will play a key role in designing and building software systems that interact with our microlocation software, including interfaces to hardware systems, software services, and cloud based computing systems. In the long-term, you will work with our engineering and business development teams to realize new software services for customers. You will be a key player in developing a software ecosystem in an early-stage startup that applies microlocation to numerous markets and the internet of things.
- Design, build and validate real-time microlocation software systems, including building APIs and SDKs
- Implement and validate real-time signal processing and state estimation algorithms
- Collaborate with co-workers to architect and build software platforms from conception to product release
- Work with our business development team and external partners to conceive, develop, and build new software tools
- Fluency in C\C++ and Python, including the ability to rapidly design, prototype, build, and test code
- Experience (minimum 2 years; ideally 5+ years) in a fast-paced industry workplace designing, developing, and deploying commercial software products that interface with hardware
- A proven track record of designing, implementing, and supporting software throughout development lifecycles
- Experience with software engineering practices including Linux operating systems, inter-process communication, version control, bug/feature tracking systems, software testing and deployment, and code reviews
- Strong communication skills, including presenting results and recommendations, both internally and to external customers
- Ability to independently and rapidly tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision
- The motivation to continually improve our technology and work at a fast-paced and rapidly growing start-up
- QT, OpenGL, or Android development
- UI/UX expertise
- Experience in robotics, signal processing, industrial automation, data analytics, or cloud computing
- Familiarity with software development operations
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage start-up
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.