This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA or our office in Huntsville, AL.
Just as GPS drove huge gains in efficiency and safety, Humatics’ mobility products deliver centimeter or better performance in environments where GPS doesn’t work. Humatics Rail Navigation system --- using simple radio-frequency technology, sensor fusion, and a solutions-oriented approach --- pinpoints trains with centimeter precision accelerating signal modernization, improving revenue service reliability, and reducing system maintenance while enabling a variety of applications built upon a single microlocation foundation.
We’re eager to meet enthusiastic, qualified candidates wanting to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution!
What you will be working on
- Own design, implementation, and testing of embedded and application software that enable Humatics Rail Navigation System in demanding transit applications.
- Define requirements for software components based on system requirements as well as planning and execution of development milestones.
- Develop software analysis and testing methods using hardware and simulation pipelines.
- Work with the Product Management and Technology teams to conceive, develop, and build new software features for systems and solutions.
- Lead the building and and maintaining of Humatics realtime software ecosystem.
- Develop database, software APIs, software configuration management and analytical tools.
- Create documentation, tests and participate in code reviews.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously --- Estimating, tracking, and completing work on time and within budget. Results are key to successful completion of products and/or major projects. You are fully capable of executing work to ensure fulfillment of requirements and validating work against requirements.
- Subject matter expert within your specialty and possesses an understanding of how your subject matter interacts with other systems. You develop innovative solutions to unique problems. Your professional abilities and accomplishments are recognized throughout the company.
- Identify required work, risks and solutions within your subject area, and communicate them to stakeholders.
- 3-5 years experience (with Master’s degree) or 5-8 years experience (with Bachelor’s degree) developing software products related to safety critical applications. Experience in the transportation industry is a huge plus.
- Expert knowledge in design, implementation and testing of software system stack for embedded and RTOS (real-time operating systems).
- Experience developing software in safety critical (vital) systems (e.g., CENELEC EN-50126 and EN-50128 and ISO compliance).
- Fluency in C, C++ and Python and a demonstrated ability to produce product ready code.
- Experience developing and optimizing software for embedded Linux operating systems.
- Experience with development tools like REST, ROS, Docker, Git, DDS, iPython, Jupyter Notebooks.
- Object Oriented programming skills with a strong software architecture background.
- Rail signaling experience and understanding, knowledge of train control systems preferred.
- Comfortable with provisioning servers and services.
- Ability, aptitude and attitude to be involved in the integration, deployment, and testing of technology in a wide variety of environments.
- Capable of deriving requirements that are reviewed/approved by others and executing against those requirements. You determine the WHAT and the HOW.
- Ability to independently and rapidly tackle challenging problems with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and recommendations both internally and externally to stakeholders.
- You can, as required, travel to support customer projects.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded startup
- Generous Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave and Unlimited Vacation
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.