Humatics is seeking an exceptional Field Application Engineer to help drive the system-level infrastructure design, integration, and testing of our microlocation technology. Planning and deployment of the UWB Concept has been growing amongst urban signaling teams to explore alternative odometry systems for their Communication-Based Train Control (CBTC) solution.
This position is designed to uphold our outstanding reputation of Customer Delivery for our technology during the deployment phases of the various Customer Delivery projects explored by Humatics.
You’ll join a highly motivated team with decades of experience in mobility, navigation and autonomous operations. This hire will join Humatics’ Customer Delivery Team and report to the Senior Customer Delivery Manager.
You will work directly with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Safety teams to provide solutions to customers’ challenges, install and support our technology in the field, and serve as a conduit between customers and Humatics’ Product Development team. You will regularly work directly with customers, both remotely and in the field, to deliver working solutions at customer sites. You will be a key player in ensuring our products meet customer needs through field work and effective communication of field and customer experiences into the Humatics organization. We’re eager to meet enthusiastic people who enjoy challenges, are team players and want to impact the future of mobility.
What you will be working on
- Provide engineering and technical support to customer projects and POC’s
- Create and revise customer required documentation
- Maintain and update project related tracking databases/registers
- Foster the relationship between Humatics and installation contractors
- Test and commission Humatics Rail Navigation Systems to meet/exceed customer expectations on performance, quality, safety, and reliability
- Collaborate with engineering to develop and review infrastructure designs, layouts and testing plans/procedures when applicable.
- Oversee installations, testing and commissioning activities through hired contractors at a customers site
- Identify, assess and report defects and potential improvements to the deployment process
- Support customer system verification and validation efforts
- When necessary. provide 24/7 delivery support to customers --- in person when necessary and frequently remotely
- Review deployment proposals and provide feedback based on fit, form, and function
- Collaborate with project management and subcontractors to ensure on-time, on-spec, and on-budget execution of work.
- Expectation of 50% travel (domestic and international); approaching 100% at times to meet customer projects needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, etc)
- 2+ years of post college experience in a technical position preferably in customer facing roles and/or the transit/rail industry
- Relevant transportation systems design experience in areas of maintenance, design, field applications, etc. desired
- Experience with direct customer interaction, both in sales and technical contexts
- Basic computer skills required; experience with Linux operating systems or similar command line operation is highly desired
- Familiarity with basic electrical and mechanical engineering including basic CAD and wiring skills desirable
- An aptitude for field work including being comfortable working in challenging, occasionally dangerous, environments under tight timelines; off-hours as necessary
- Computer programming skills in languages such as C\C++ or Python
- Ability to independently and rapidly tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and making recommendations both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and navigate cultural differences with clients
- Ability to work in diversely populated environments with little to no guidance
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded startup
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
This position can be based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA, our Huntsville, AL office or remotely.
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.