Humatics is pioneering the field of microlocation through the invention of new ultra-precise position sensors, advanced systems and flexible software. By measuring position with very high precision, our microlocation technology is revolutionizing how humans and robots interact with each other and the world.
Humatics is seeking a hands-on robotics software engineer to join this revolution. You will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, computer, and robotics engineers with decades of experience in navigation and autonomous robot operation to realize and apply new types of data to a wide variety of applications. We’re eager to meet passionate people willing to join this team and help create the microlocation revolution.
Your work will include the design and development of microlocation applications in the field. A typical day will include working with engineers on developing and testing navigation algorithms, integrating our technologies into robotics, and collaborating with our industry partners to apply our technologies to transform their businesses through microlocation. You will be a key player in integrating our technology into robotics and industrial automation.
- Design and develop technologies that exploit our microlocation system in robotics and automation applications
- Up to 25% travel
- Collaborate with other members of our technology team to design and develop navigation software for our microlocation platform including localization and coverage algorithms, data fusion, and path planning
- Interact with programmers developing our software ecosystem to identify and develop new software services for industrial automation
- Provide mentoring to junior engineers on our technical team
- Assess the performance of our technologies, recommend and implement future design improvements, and provide expertise on design for manufacturing and standardization specifications for industrial automation
- Work with our business development team and external partners to conceive, develop, and build new industrial automation solutions
- Experience in automation engineering (minimum 5 years) including experience on industrial lines or distribution centers
- A proven track record of hands-on industrial automation technology development, including interfacing with AGVs and robot arms
- Computer programming skills in languages such as C\C++ or Python
- Experience developing software at different “layers” of factories or distribution centers (e.g., programming PLC interfaces with robots as well as integrating technology with an MES)
- Experience in robotics including controls and state estimation (e.g., Kalman Filtering)
- Experience with machine vision and navigation software
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and recommendations both internally and to external customers
- Ability to independently rapidly tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision
- Experience in mechatronics, electronics, and/or simple mechanical design.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related technical field
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage start-up
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.