Humatics has developed a breakthrough micro-location system that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with submillimeter precision – enabling new uses of industrial automation and human-machine interaction.
We are seeking a Field Applications Engineer to help drive the system-level design, integration, and testing of our microlocation technology. You will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, computer, RF and robotics engineers with decades of experience in navigation and autonomous robot operation to realize a wide variety of new applications.
You will work directly with Humatics’ Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams to provide solutions to customers’ challenges, install and support our technology in the field, and serve as a conduit between customers and Humatics’ Product Development team. You will regularly work directly with customers, both remotely and in the field, to deliver working solutions at customer sites. You will be a key player in ensuring our products meet customer needs through field work and effective communication of field and customer experiences into the Humatics organization.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Assist Sales and Business Development with prospective customer and partner engagements to drive adoption
- Work with Marketing and Engineering to ensure that product capabilities match marketing strategies and material
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development and Sales to assess customer use-case viability, align with current or planned technology development, and develop solutions using our technology
- Interact often with customers to enhance their understanding of our technology and products
- Work closely with the engineering teams to gain an in depth understanding of our technology and products
- Work closely with QA, Testing, and Engineering teams to ensure in field insights are incorporated into development and testing processes
- Develop or modify system elements (source code, system parameters, hardware, etc.) in order to ensure solutions that solve customers’ challenges
- Create working demonstrations with various robotics assets
- Support the deployment and on boarding of products at the pilot stage as well as commercialized products at customer sites
- Contribute to field testing and analysis efforts
- Travel as required based on prospect and customer requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in electrical, mechanical, systems, or robotics engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in field application engineering, systems engineering, or similar working directly with customers
- Experience with direct customer interaction, both in sales and technical context, to align technical value between a prospect use case and technology
- Aid in the sales process to build trust with technical stakeholders to move deals from concept to close.
- Post sales experience working with clients to expand the use case and technology footprint.
- Success being part of an enterprise sales team achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual revenue objectives.
- Experience with radio-frequency position sensors (e.g., GPS, GNSS), inertial navigation, and/or motion control products strongly desired
- Computer programming skills in languages such as C\C++ or Python is highly desirable
- Experience with Linux or similar command line operation
- Strong experience with robotics systems at the programmatic and control level.
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and recommendations both internally and to external customers
- Ability to quickly and independently tackle challenging technical problems with minimal supervision
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded startup
- Generous Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave and Unlimited Vacation
This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.