This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA or our office in Huntsville, AL.
Just as GPS drove huge gains in efficiency and safety, Humatics’ mobility products deliver centimeter or better performance in environments where GPS doesn’t work. Humatics Rail Navigation system --- using simple radio-frequency technology, sensor fusion, and a solutions-oriented approach --- pinpoints trains with centimeter precision accelerating signal modernization, improving revenue service reliability, and reducing system maintenance while enabling a variety of applications built upon a single microlocation foundation.
We’re eager to meet enthusiastic, qualified candidates wanting to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution!
What you will be working
- Owns systems integration and testing of Humatics mobility navigation products and customer projects.
- Develop architectures and lead integrations to meet and exceed system performance requirements.
- Develop software analysis and testing methods using hardware and simulation pipelines to evaluate system performance and automate testing for continuous integration to reduce integration costs.
- Analyze results, assess system performance, recommend and implement future design improvements..
- Interface with engineering teams for requirements breakdown and review of sub-system architectures.
- Deliver on project milestones on-time and in accordance with quality and safety standards required for the project.
- Conduct detailed engineering analyses that consider overall system specifications, subsystem components, product requirements, schedule, and cost.
- Owns system quality by participation in change and failure review boards, conducting failure mode engineering analyses, assessing impacts of design changes on system performance, and seeing performance issues through to resolution.
- Collaborate with product development, quality, and safety teams to define requirements and use cases for projects.
- Collaborate with the product development team to optimally allocate requirements and guide requirements-based tradeoffs.
- Collaborate with verification and validation teams to ensure full test coverage for system requirements.
- Create documentation, tests and participate in design reviews.
- Identify risks and opportunities and provide solutions to management.
- Knowledge and experience in systems engineering including design and analysis, integration, and testing of navigation and localization systems.
- 2-3 years experience (with Master’s degree) or 4-5 years experience (with Bachelor’s degree) developing systems related to safety critical applications. Experience in the transportation industry is a huge plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Robotics, Software, or related engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with developing localization software and systems that require sensor fusion.
- Experience with navigation, transportation automation, or RF (like GPS, BT, Wifi) technologies.
- Experience developing software programs for numerical analysis using Python or Matlab.
- Experience in working with Linux operating systems and embedded software.
- Experience developing safety critical (vital) systems (e.g., CENELEC EN-50126 and EN-50128 and ISO compliance).
- Rail signaling experience and understanding, knowledge of train control systems preferred.
- Ability to independently solve challenging technical problems critical to project success with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and recommendations both internally and externally to stakeholders.
- You can, as required, travel to support customer projects.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded startup
- Generous Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave and Unlimited Vacation
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.